We’re a Los Angeles based game audio production studio founded in 2012. We specialize in sound design, original music, voice over, and implementation for games and interactive media. We work on the world’s top games, and for that we need the world’s top talent. If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you! We also place a strong value on work-life balance to ensure this is a place you love to come to work.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Thanks for your interest in working with us! Available positions will be posted below. If none are currently listed, please feel free to check back in the future for possible openings.
Technical Sound Designer
Posted: October 21, 2019
Location: Bell Gardens, CA (we’ve just moved here)
Start Date: ASAP
This is a full-time hourly position in-house. Contractors, remote applicants, and individuals pursuing a career in music composition need not apply.
As a Technical Sound Designer at Hexany, your role will be extremely technical (no, really?), creative, and collaborative. If you love designing sounds in a DAW though, this job isn’t for you. While you may get to do this on rare occasion, this role leans much more heavily toward the audio programming spectrum of the field. The majority of your time will be spent working in audio middleware and game engines implementing and mixing content designed by the rest of the team alongside our other Technical Sound Designer.
You are responsible for making assets sound awesome in our games, so your role is critical to the success of our projects. We work extensively with Wwise, so experience using it is an absolute must. You should also be a technical computer ninja fluent in multiple scripting languages and comfortable with blueprints in Unreal. Ideally you’re also proficient in at least one programming language, preferably C++.
- Setting up Perforce and Git repos for new projects
- Setting up Wwise in new projects we’re working on in various engines
- Implementing sound and music like a pro in Wwise
- Integrating sound and music direct in-engine (Unity, UE4, Lumberyard, etc.)
- Scripting creative solutions to audio problems using C# in Unity, Blueprints in Unreal, etc.
- Mixing our games in-middleware & in-engine using your great aural aesthetic sense
- Building internal audio tools to support our workflows
- 1+ years experience working in game development
- Extremely proficient with Wwise in Unreal and Unity
- Extremely proficient with audio integration in Unity and UE4 native audio systems
- Very proficient with Perforce and Git (and optionally SVN)
- Experience scripting in C#
- Basic experience programming in C++
- Strong attention to detail and great organizational skills
- A team-player mentality and the ability to take direction and constructive criticism from project leads
- Experience designing sounds in Pro Tools
- Experience with DSP programming
- Experience creating audio plugins with JUCE
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include 19TSD in the subject. To apply, please use the Apply Now button below.
Intern (Summer 2020)
Location: Bell Gardens, CA
Start Date: May 2020 (exact date flexible)
End Date: August 2020 (exact date flexible)
Commitment: Monday-Friday, 10am-7pm
Compensation: Housing Stipend ($1,000 per month)
Applicants MUST be enrolled in a credited college internship program to qualify.
Applications are on a first-come first-serve basis. Once we find the right candidate, we will remove this posting, so it is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible if you’re interested in the position.
As an Intern at Hexany, you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple projects. Duties will be a combination of studio support (organizing files, stocking supplies, etc.), observing our composers/sound designers, and also hands-on project work as appropriate.
Much of your time will be devoted to supporting the workflow of our team, sometimes on the production/management side of things and sometimes on the content-creation side; but you will also have the opportunity to create sound for and get hands on with some of our projects. Project credit as appropriate will be given.
This is an excellent opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of game audio and post-production. You’ll walk away very familiar with the development process, a deeper understanding of how sound and music for games is produced/implemented, a familiarity with Los Angeles, and a few nice credits!
Here’s a more detailed look at some of what you might be doing:
- Capturing gameplay videos for use in Pro Tools
- Audio QA testing of our projects
- Basic studio upkeep
- Dialogue editing and cleanup
- Assisting with asset organization and business management
- Recording source material or Foley
- Score and part preparation for recording sessions
- Sound editing, cleanup, and mixing
- Sound asset creation
- Running the occasional errand
- A passion for video games and game music/sound
- Extreme attention to detail
- Independent self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid technical and computer chops
- Experience designing sound for games
- Experience working in Pro Tools
- Experience working in Sibelius
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted through the Google Form below using the “Apply Now” button. Applications sent via email will not be considered.